Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Gussets from hell!

Atrophy be Damned!!

Exclamation marks are the order of the day. Yes, I'm in one of those moods.

Days have been wasted by yours truly watching YouTube videos on my computer. They are my TikToks. I'm actually rather angry with myself for this as I'm wasting what life I have left.

So I turned the computer off and started reading that D&D adventure, and then I started to précis it, which I've found is the only way I can ever remember what the hell it is and then run it competently.

I am now  - for me - really on the ball and full of energy. It's lifted me up from a trough where I was getting pretty depressed, thinking I would not be able to DM anymore.

I'm my own worst enemy  - it's easy to fall back into just wasting your days away achieving nothing. I don't want to do that, so I turn my computer off and read and write instead. And it makes me tired, but in a good way.


The Exclamation Mark in Art.

(Dear reader: I lapsed and spent the rest of the day watching videos on YouTube...)

It's the weather forecast, stoopid!

So it's forecast to be the hottest day of the year. We've walked the dogs and and breakfasted every man, woman and beast (and other). J's been asked to travel to the west of England for work tomorrow (which is utter madness) and is concerned about tyre pressure, the risk of mechanical and tyre failure forefront in her mind, and her idiot bosses have called a meeting for the hottest day of the year.

Today they cancelled it.

I always wonder what takes these people so long to figure shit out. The meteorological centres use some of the biggest computers in the world. It's for our benefit. Why leave it to the last moment?

Fyfe and I are due to start a project in Teddington and we're sensibly taking Monday and Tuesday off as it is unhealthily hot to do any manual labour.  Many's the time I've worked in 30 degrees plus. You take on gallons of water and you sweat it all out - your t-shirt ends up white with salt - and in the evening you finally do a very low yield of pee that looks like creosote.

Very few things are worth that amount of toil - I'm not putting myself through it when it's not a matter of life or death.

I'm keeping cool by closing the curtains in the morning and keeping the doors shut. Leaving the windows open with the sun streaming in and you'll be as hot as it is outside. Makes sense don't it?

Plus I love to let the darkness enshroud me.






No comments:

Post a Comment