Saturday, August 13, 2022

The Sedentary Life Calls

Busy as a bee

I don't know what the hell has happened with the formatting here. I fxxxing hate centred or justified type. And yes I have been trying to get the formatting back to ranged left.

I've been really busy recently. Following on from the 6 days of work (I worked Monday too putting a sundial pedestal back for a Royal personage in Richmond Park) and so I thought I would continue with the momentum and do lots of work around the house - work I've neglected for months. J is simply too busy with her job to do stuff, so it's only fair I do the janitoring.


And then today…walking the dogs with J. She lets Chippy off who’s going ballistic and he shoots
off. We then saw that he’s not running after squirrels but some deer - he’s a dachshund too, which is comical yet still unacceptable.. Panic takes us. 

I’m wearing sunglasses at 7 in the morning in the expectation that within half an hour I’m really going to need them. I start running not looking at the uneven ground and turn my ankle. 


Oh blast...

So this throws a spanner in the works. I’ve turned ankles and sprained wrists all my life so I know how to deal with them (foot up, ice pack on and off in 20 minute bursts).

Back to the walk and we searched for Chippy for 15 minutes or so. We returned to the spot where he'd disappeared and there he was, coming from the other direction, with a euphoric, deranged face on.

But I’m a bear with a sore head. Don’t come near me.

I will bite. Or throw something. Or worse. 

Oh, if I had napalm right now...

Thing is while I still had the bit between my teeth I was going to start decorating a bedroom next week. Hopefully with a rest I can still do that. 

If not I'll read that ever increasing mountain of D&D books.

Bring on Autumn. The coolness, the water, the colours, the perfumes, the relief from this un-British heat and drought.

So next week we are thankfully forecast lower temperatures and rain. I read today our wonderful privatised water utilities haemorrhage billions of gallons; Thames Water alone 600 million gallons of water A DAY. We have the only privatised water companies in the world, and when they’re not pumping thousands of tons of raw sewage into our lovely rivers they’re awarding themselves and their shareholders millions of pounds in dividends. 

Makes ya proud, don’t it?

Think of the animals

Awful pictures of wildlife that have been killed by dehydration. I’ve got an insect water feeder coming today.

I get very depressed and sad about animals. We treat them so awfully. I still eat meat but I’m veering towards vegetarianism. With the passing days I like to think I would miss meat less and less.

I suspect this is to do with FTD - even though my empathy to humans is diminished I have heightened emotions. Especially towards maltreatment of children and animals.

Current Music and Media Tastes

I’m very much in a practical mode at the moment. I’m really not interested in reading D&D books (despite having bought yet another adventure book…).

What I’m currently into:

George Duke - Fusion

Banda Black Rio - 70s Brazilian funk

YouTube - barely watch it. Ditto Abba.

Samba makes me really happy - keeps my spirits up. It just has that vibrancy and vivacity that is absent from say, this.

Especially when George Duke plays it on Brazilian Love Affair. Don’t like the sloppy R&B stuff, but I do love the fusion!

It’s too much noodling for most. I love to be bombarded with it. I can’t get bored with it. 

As you were.




2 comments:

  1. Oh no hope the ankle is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Yes, it's much better thanks. I can't recommend the on/off frozen peas treatment enough.

      Delete