Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Go away!

Tired and stressed and I haven't even started

I did loads today. Cleaned the house, laundry, dog-walks, shopping, and now I'm waiting for my D&G buddies to join me for the Monday session.

I'm working tomorrow. It's a job at a church doing set-backs on buttresses. The job was split into 2 parts as they were unsure they've get all the funding in one go.

And then I got this email in the New Year, grandiosely  saying "We have received List B funding". 

So I went and measured up the stones for the B section of the job. I ordered the stones and thought nothing more of it.

I got there on Thursday to meet with the clerk of works and he says I'm doing all of it. No I'm not, I reply, I'm doing section B and I show him the email. 

A or B? Or both?
Ah! 'List B consent' is a type of restoration funding you apply for. It meant they had money for all of it. It was nothing to do with the A and B division of the work.

But the only A and B I was aware of was how the job was divided. It was a case of more information in that email than was needed. It certainly confused me.

Now I'm stressing. I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with this half of the job anyway. I haven't worked for 4 months and I was hoping it would be the last. I'll have to see how this unfit 52 year old body copes with it too. 

I'm going to have to be honest with everyone - especially myself - and take it from there. I can't deal with pressure in the slightest any more. Just as well I'm getting out of the profession.


First day back at work

So it actually went fine. And we got on well. And I'm feeling relatively normal, although I am running round the house quoting cards from Judge Dredd the Boardgame.

"Coddlestocks! Getting frazzled by Judge Death constitutes fair wear and tear!"
"Is not my garbage fine?"

Much better than Marvel. So much better. 

What a prat though, eh?

Anyway, work seemed rather natural and easy. Admittedly it is a straightforward job. J asked me if it would be more regular. I don’t know as yet. Give me 4 -6 days and I’ll be able to tell you. 

The steps in October were like the touch of a wraith. 

But it was good to work again with Fyfe. We got one well, the old stuff came out easily (always a plus) and the new stuff went in easy. 

Let’s see how the week progresses.
















No comments:

Post a Comment