Friday, March 25, 2022

Oh shush!

 Sills

Crashed yesterday at around 3.30. Just ran out of gas. Hung around for a bit and then went to bed at 8.30pm.  EIGHT THIRTY!!! I slept till 6.30am - so I got about 9 hours sleep. I've been really busy this week for a demented (such as I am). Yesterday I cut out some checks in the sills where they've moved and split and inserted some stainless steel and epoxy-resined them in. I spun them back flush and also put some filler over the sills where it had degraded. Then at the end I realised I'd run out of juice and had been faffing for the last hour achieving nothing. 

This is how it felt when I was working all the time - a decreasing amount of time where I was useful, and time when I achieved nothing. It's really down to about 6 hours now. And even those useful hours are 50 - 70% as productive as I used to be.

I'm really tired now, and have very little tolerance for anything. I took myself away to have breakfast on my own. Too many thorny thoughts in my head - too many jagged lines emanating from my headage.

In fact, I told J and X that they should stay away from me while I did stuff. Loads of stuff rattling round in my head, winding me up. I could have gone off at any time, like a bomb. I've heard other people with dementia needing quiet spaces before and after giving a speech for example. I don't know why they do in particular, but with me it's for everyones' sake

At the (literal) end of the day, a lot achieved really and doing stuff around the house is fulfilling, although you are then aware of the myriad other jobs that need doing.

It's enough to make you depressed...


Dungeonless and Dragonless

One of our Monday team is out for the next few weeks working crazy hard on a promotion, so we only have 2 possible Mondays until late April 25th when he comes back, for sessions. I'm also not DMing next Sunday. This is just as well as I have no capacity for reading or taking in D&D stuff. I'm slightly worried this may be permanent. I hope to hell it isn't as this would be a very big part of my life gone. 

I'm a bit of a worrier you see.

So this Sunday I'm playing. I'm happy to play and I reckon I'm pretty good. I like to think also my characters are quite different from each other. 

  • Quiet Ranger hiding invisibly in the shadows
  • Intellectual snob Wizard who wished he'd been a necromancer
  • Dandy Errol Flynn type buccaneer/pirate Swashbuckler Rogue
  • Tiefling Paladin with zero social skills who's assumed the identity of her dead best friend 
Should be a dwarf next. Or a Gnome. I have a brilliant Gnomish Wizard NPC I've created for the Monday campaign who speaks at a million miles an hour and answers all his own questions. 

Gnomes rock.


Breakfast

We're sorry for a break in your breakfast...

Breakfast is back online after a brief period of noise, which required me to leave the kitchen with a fake smile on my face, to the dining room where I perpetuated a great sulk. I'm happy to say that this was thankfully a brief period and now a Zen-like ambience has resumed where coffee, toast and newspaper consumption is the order of the day.

As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment